No doubt, this is a mysterious building. There is no reliable information about this abandoned building on the Internet. Impossible to corroborate the details found here and there. Indeed, even the name of the building can’t be confirmed. While...
For the region, it is a vestige of an industrial era that is now over. Whereas in the past, the factory gave a salary to nearly a hundred employees, the complex is now padlocked and deserted, although monitored by about twenty surveillance cameras. The adventurers are also denounced and prosecuted. Here, the owner does not laugh with those who venture on his property. The vandals who came last spring also have their portrait prominently on the exterior walls.
Originally, the company was the owner of a mill on the site, and then, with the grow of the production, pulp manufacturing forces the construction of a hydroelectric dam to minimize costs.
The upstream basin, resulting from the construction of the dam, was used to accumulate logs. Unloaded higher up the river, they are thus transported to the factory from which they are removed from the water via canals constructed for this purpose. They are then cut in equal length and according to the time of year, are sent to the factory or stacked until they are processed. For its part, the bark was stored in a large concrete silo in order to be used to heat the plant during the winter.
Known as a old stingy, it was said that the first owner has hidding a lot of money in its safe in his office and in is own house located in the front of the plant. He preferred to keep his fortune close to him. It was said to be inconvenient, always complaining about his employees and their cigarette breaks. Even after selling the factory, he came often to visit and did not hesitate to reprimand his former workers.
Today, nothing hapen on the site. Nevertheless, the current owner is looking for an energy-intensive company that would like to operate the site. The possibility of producing its own electricity is certainly its greatest advantage, but its remoteness from the large urban centers belongs to explaining it, partly less, why the site is still unoccupied, almost fifteen years after its final closure.
No doubt, this is a mysterious building. There is no reliable information about this abandoned building on the Internet. Impossible to corroborate the details found here and there. Indeed, even the name of the building can’t be confirmed. While...
Located in the Hochelaga-Maisonneuve neighborhood, the silo # 3 was built in 1923. The architect was John S. Metcalfe who were responsible for the construction of most silos in the Port of Montreal (1, 2, 3, 5). It is thanks to its innovations...
This is the result of a combination of circumstances which led the Stanley Tools company to settle in the region rather than elsewhere in Canada. In 1858, a man known as Sem Dalpe decided to settle in Roxton Pond because there was a strong...
Located on the banks of the Canal Lachine, the old Cie de recyclage de papier de Montréal inc. factory have been destroyed in part since 2009. Today, there are only the old building located behind the front store who is still there.
When...