Abandoned house - Scotstown area | Photo by Jarold Dumouchel
Abandoned houses in the Eastern townships

Abandoned houses in the Eastern townships

Abandoned houses in the Eastern townships

Rural beauties and other landscapes

Eastern Townships (Quebec), Canada

Abandoned for more modern constructions or left behind to adrift once the occupants died, abandoned houses populate the countryside. Hidden under vegetation who tries to conquer its old territory, sometimes the time prevents explorers from entering into these incredible places by collapsing the foundations or by twisting the walls like old rags.

Few of them will be restored after many years left to themselves. Most of the time, years will turn them down or will be by the owners when municipal councils will be tired to see these building agonize (and visited by kids).

Urbex Playground presents here some of these old beauties located in the Eastern townships area, located near the United State border.

Related content

Wyndcliffe, the abandoned mansion
Rhinebeck, New York (United States)

Wyndcliffe is the ruin of a historic mansion near Rhinebeck in Dutchess County, New York. The records at the Library of Congress state that the brick mansion was originally named Rhinecliff and Constructed in 1853 in the Norman style. The design...

The Fonte da Pipa palace
Loulé, (Portugal)

Known for its carnival and market of great beauty, Loulé is a city of 70,000 inhabitants located in the south of Portugal, in the Algarve region.

It is built between 1878 and 1897 the small castle of Pipa palace which will never be...

Old abandoned gym in the Dorea Institute
Franklin, Quebec (Canada)

Located in Franklin, southwest of Montreal, the story of the now abandoned Dorea Institute is told by bits and pieces. Not that its story is marked by horrors (…or maybe it is?), but it is rather difficult to find accurate information on the...

The Negro Community Center
Montréal, Quebec (Canada)
The origins of the building

Despite the many changes made to the building by the Negro community center, it is clear that the original building was a church. Plans are signed by Sidney Rose Badgley (1850-1917), an architect from Ste.Catherine,...